Free parking and the return of the popular Park and Ride service will make Christmas shopping even easier in Poole this festive season.
The Borough of Poole is offering residents and visitors free parking in all town centre car parks in the weeks before Christmas:
- Every Sunday between 10 am and 6 pm from 22 November until 20 December 2015
- Thursday nights between 6 pm and 9 pm from Thursday 26 November until Thursday 17 December
- Monday evening, 21 December, between 6 pm and 9 pm
People shopping in Broadstone, Ashley Road, Penn Hill, Ashley Cross, and Canford Cliffs can also benefit from free parking in district car parks from noon until 6 pm on the three Saturdays before Christmas (5, 12 and 19 December).
Also, a Park and Ride service will be running from Creekmoor every Saturday from 28 November until Christmas. The service will:
- Leave the Creekmoor Park and Ride site every 15 minutes from 8am until 6pm on 28 November, 5, 12 and 19 December.
- Drop passengers close the shops at the entrance to Falkland Square, where they can then board the bus back to Creekmoor every 15 minutes from 8.15 am until 6.15 pm.
Oakdale ward Cllr Ian Potter, Cabinet member for transportation, said: "Despite significant pressures on council budgets we are delighted to be able to offer people who shop in Poole these opportunities. Poole's shopping centres are busy and vibrant all year but the atmosphere around Christmas time is fantastic. We are sure shoppers and businesses will welcome the benefits that this offer provides."